Beach (no high seas)

Started by Dune, January 04, 2014, 04:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Working on another beach scene...

alessandro

Well well well, that's really awesome! Tell me those foamy tiny waves are not photoshopped please. I have been wondering how to achieve those...
www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

kaedorg

Very nice. On 2nd, i like the small stones line which suggests the tide effect.
Biggest stones seems too big for me.

I am sure it is not photoshopped. Usually, i use several altocumulus layers for foams. Ulco may have another technic but indeed it is nearly perfect.

Many subjects on the forum about this.

David

masonspappy

Really like the wavelines and debris line on the shore

zaxxon

A standing ovation...encore! Encore!

bobbystahr

More perfect than I can aspire to at this point...you are a water master Ulco....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

It's not photoshopped... it's a photo  :D No, it isn't. Took me quite a while though to get what I wanted, and not satisfied yet. The foam ridges are just slightly warped height restrictions in a surface shader, added together with a transform merge (2 times actually) and with some foamy fractal, a patchy fractal and reflective shader over it. The upper foam ridge has the same upper height as the surface layer that carries the RT reflective shader. There you go.

kaedorg

If one can touch perfection, we all know his name....

Bjur

Keep your birds and let away the wagon I'd say..

Bring back the mood from your 3rd picture, the lightning is phantastic and looks near photoreal.

Great stuff Ulco, as always!  :) 
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

choronr

I sense that one of these days you will be writing a book about your evolution with Terragen ...superb work here on these beach scenes.

Dune

I just made the wagon, so I plumped it in, but I agree it's out of place. The birds are too dark, have to check that out. I also don't like the waves yet, and the gravel is a bit too monotonous and rough. I will get to this again, but experimenting with a lake scene right now without a water layer on a plane, but on one planet. I must find a method again (I did it before, but have to find it) to increase 'low, not flat, space' between the tops of a sinus, like so: _____^______^______^_____ instead of ^_^_^_^_

Dune

2 more, but I lost some shine in one. These are without lake, by the way, just one layer.

By the way too; I figured out what I needed with the sinus.

EoinArmstrong

mhaze

The last two are absolutely brilliant!