Best external render engines for blender you prefer ?!

Started by youbache, January 07, 2014, 06:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youbache

Hey guys !
i'm just asking for which is the best external render for Blender , speed , realism ...and cost !
i've found 3 engines been mentioned on blender home page , and i've found this list here : http://www.tip-day.com/top-render-engines-for-blender/
if you have tried any , please can you share what do you think ! thanks a lot guys !

Upon Infinity

I think most of the people here are using Terragen as a renderer for any 3rd party created content.  Myself, included.  I've dl'd Blender, but I as yet, haven't gotten around to leaning the finer points of it.

masonspappy

They guy who showed me the basics of Blender used Yafaray I think. He really liked it but mentioned there were one or two others he'd like to have, but they cost $$$.

TheBadger

I have a copy of LuxRender that I got when I just started with Terragen2. I also discovered blender at that time.

The copy of Lux I have was free at the time. I don't know if its a full version or not. May have just been free for the initial OSX release? No idea though.
I have never used it, don't know how to use it, and don't even really know what the hell it is. So I don't even know why I still have it.  ;D

I went on a downloading binge when I found out about how 3D had really gotten to a place that I could learn it at home. Even bought a ton of stuff from NWDA when I bought TG that I still have not used (I knew/know that I will use it though! And really glad I did buy that stuff now that NDWA has taken a very long sabbatical!)

Anyway, I use mental ray and TG2-3 only, right now. 3rd party stand alone renderers seem to me to be only for people above my experience level.

I do have my eye on Arnold renderer though!Been watching what they are doing for a while now.

It has been eaten.

reck

The more cycles matures the less I use external renderers but in the past I've also used Luxrender which is very good.

Since 2.5 I believe they integrate into Blender so they almost feel as they are an internal renderer rather than an external one. Luxrender is completely free just like Blender.

I've also heard really good things about Octane render although there is a charge for that, so there's a couple for you to try out.