2 tests

Started by Dune, January 17, 2014, 02:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I was talking to Bob about waterfalls, and thought it would be possible to use the cloud as a 'particle system', so I made some masks (one white triangle image map in PS, projected by camera, one simple shape), a small particle, but dense cloud, and a waterfall. With some more thought this can work quite well, I suppose.

The other one is another cave test.

kaedorg

Very good tests indeed.

On 1st i would put foam to make a transition betwenn waterfall and quiet river

On 2nd Smoke column can't be straight up if the train is moving.
Cave is really nice

Dune

The first one was just a first rude test, I'm working on it right now to get it better. Indeed, making foam on lower end.

I know how to bend the smoke, and I might/should have done that, but let's say the loc is standing still here  ;)

kaedorg

I had a look at Cave Bridge tgd file that Mike shared with us and
it seems that to connect the 2 renders is difficult (i mean for colour shaders).
I think a single colour could be betterfor a cave, (simulating rock and darkness).
Maybe someone found a way to connect them properly

Dune

I don't quite get what you mean, connecting 2 renders? I used a combination of reddish rock and algae gree, and patches of wetness (refl) in my soils.

kaedorg

In mike tgd he uses 2 SSS and they connect in the middle of the canyon.
But if you apply a colour shader, it appears that it is not continuous, you see like a cut line.

But maybe you use a different technic for your cave.

Dune

I haven't looked at his file, but I guess if you put the colors last, it needn't have a cut line. I used a VDisp map to get this cave, in fact the same as an earlier big cave, but now reduced to 15m across or so.

mhaze

If you add further displacements to my file the line will disappear.

Nice work Dune, playing with waterfalls myself at the moment planning to add clouds in a similar way but haven't got to it yet.

kaedorg

Thanks for the info Mick, i'll try that

mhaze

Dune

How would you go about bending a column of cloud?

Mick

Dune

Using a distribution shader (not final position!), a vector displacement and a warp shader. I've just bent my splatter that way.

A triangle of the water plane hasn't rendered, hmm.

kaedorg

very nice but dangerous place to stay for the reindeer  ;)

mhaze

Cheers Dune I'll work on that. Nice rocks btw!

Dune

How would any of you go about making cloud quite dark in shadow and light where sun hits? I can't get the cloud dark in my shadows, though I'm still working on it.

DannyG

Looks damn good there Ulco
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram