Started by TheBadger, January 30, 2014, 01:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

TheBadger

Oh and this too.
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/godzilla/#videos-large

[attach=1]

Really wish I could get cloudscapes in TG like this!
It has been eaten.

fleetwood

Cool. Always have been fascinated with Old Master techniques.

If you play around with photos as cloud density inputs you can get some nice effects. I prefer not to use other peoples photos but I don't have any of my own tornado photos. In this test render I used a photo from UC Santa Barbara to control cloud densities.

Kadri

Michael thanks especially for the first link :)

yossam

Thanks for the links Michael............first one is very interesting.

Hope they don't butcher Godzilla again..............first one is still the best IMO.

Fleetwood......I would really like to see the setup for your image, I've been trying to do something similar without much success.

fleetwood

Yossam :
I'll try to put something together and post it in file sharing. Because the original photo by itself isn't strictly a proper density mask, and has light and shade elements that aren't necessarily related to its density, (maybe even the opposite of density),  I needed to massage it in an image editor to block out the ground for one thing, and make it more just a black and white representation of the density of the clouds. This was a by guess and by gosh, trial and error process. 

yossam

I would appreciate it, unfortunately my process has been more error.  :o

TheBadger

@ everyone  :) Its fun! So much for us to enjoy and share! We are all richer because of one another! As this community grows we will get richer still.

@fleetwood
Im with yossam on this. Please do post. But please if you have time, dont just dump a file. I would also like some words on what you did and why, and why it works and were you see limits! Im not sure I understood a word of what you wrote above. But the image is very enticing. It sounds like you did something different than what others did in this general subject area, I think.
Quote...play around with photos as cloud density...
Sounds like your clouds are 3d?! They have volume?!
It has been eaten.