Adding objects to library crashing Terragen

Started by reck, February 07, 2014, 10:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

If I add an object to the library I'm no longer able to load it into Terragen without it crashing (Terragen 3 (64 bit) has stopped working). Any objects I've not added to the library continue to work ok.

If I go into preferences and click the "Delete Library Database" button I'm then able to load in all the objects again.

I've rebooted the computer, repaired Terragen and uninstalled\reinstalled Terragen. The objects themselves seem ok as they work fine if I don't use the library but as soon as they get added I'm no longer able to use them until I remove them from the library again.

Windows 8.1 x64
Terragen 3.0.10.0

Dune

Is that the newest alpha already, out a few hours?

reck

No it's the current general release build Dune.

Oshyan

Alpha problems should of course always be reported and discussed on the alpha forums.

Reck, where are the objects from? Did you create previews for them? Does this happen even in the default scene? Have you tried different methods of adding to the scene, like double-clicking the item in the library vs. clicking the "Import Object" or "Import Population" buttons?

- Oshyan

Dune

So you meant 3.1.00.1 instead of 3.0.10.0, which is actally 3.1.01.0  ;) I know, it's confusing.

reck

Quote from: Oshyan on February 07, 2014, 03:24:07 PM
Alpha problems should of course always be reported and discussed on the alpha forums.

Reck, where are the objects from? Did you create previews for them? Does this happen even in the default scene? Have you tried different methods of adding to the scene, like double-clicking the item in the library vs. clicking the "Import Object" or "Import Population" buttons?

- Oshyan

Yeah this is not the alpha.

The objects are from different places but most are xfrog.
I did not create previews for them.
It does indeed happen with the default scene.
I normally just double click to insert the objects which crashes everytime. I've just tried via the "Import Object" option which crashes as well but strangely "Import Population" works fine!

Quote from: Dune on February 08, 2014, 03:20:34 AM
So you meant 3.1.00.1 instead of 3.0.10.0, which is actally 3.1.01.0  ;) I know, it's confusing.

Quote from: Dune on February 08, 2014, 03:20:34 AM

Hey Dune it says 3.0.10.0
[attach=1]

This is the latest non-alpha update right? Check for updates is saying its the latest version.

Quote from: penboack on February 08, 2014, 08:47:48 AM
Could it be related to this?
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,17708.0.html

First mentioned in this thread
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,17377.0.html

I think this is something else related to the library. I don't have any problems using the objects directly.

jo

Hi,

Just to clarify, do you only have problems when trying to load the objects from the Library? For example, if you have the object in the library but load it via the File menu->Import Object submenu does it work?

Regards,

Jo