wacom tablet on hub?

Started by Dune, February 18, 2014, 09:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I'm sure some of you guys work with a Wacom tablet, like I do (Intuos 3). But does anyone have any experience with connecting one tablet to 2-3 computers thru a hub? You can't play them all at once obviously, but I'm trying to find out if there's a switchable hub, so I can occasionally switch to adjust something on another machine with the main wacom.

kaedorg

Dune

Thanks David. So this thing should also work? http://www.delock.de/produkte/F_390_Switch_87483/merkmale.html I better ask before buying....

kaedorg

Yes it works too.

The one I showed you would be used for 1 monitor and 2 usb devices (usually keyboard and mouse) with 2 PCs.

Your switch is ok if you only have one device to switch between several PCs (wacom, printer, external disk).

David

Dune

Thanks David. I'll do some careful thinking as your way would be handy too.

kaedorg

One more thing

If you don't use usb keyboard and mouse, this can be a solution.

David

Dune

Thanks, David. I've made my choice and will order the thing you mentioned first. I'd rather work with 2 computers on one (big) screen and one keyboard and the wacom, than 3 computers with only the wacom. Won't cost much, so I can always do something else later.
My i7 (just for rendering up till now) is now linked to a very small 15" spare screen, so looking at the list of objects isn't even possible, as it changes to a very narrow slit, once the specs are on the left down corner.