Joshua Tree National Park first WIP

Started by gregtee, February 26, 2014, 05:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Very impressive you seem to have got the sand to work really well.  Great stuff!

gregtee

Thanks.  I'm going to render it again this weekend with vegetation.
Supervisor, Computer Graphics
D I G I T A L  D O M A I N

zaxxon

The sandy formations look really good in the frame shots, what kind of rendering horsepower in is use here?  The addition of some foliage should really enhance what already is a fine piece of work, looking forward to your next examples.

gregtee

Horsepower is basically Digital Domain's render farm.  Well, what little of it I can use that is.  I don't get to use the whole thing. 
Supervisor, Computer Graphics
D I G I T A L  D O M A I N

TheBadger

Hi greg

Out of an abundance of curiosity about everything I hear and see in these forums, and since you seem ok to talk about your work. Did you ever say why you are picking up TG? I mean are you doing it just to increase the number of tools you can use, or because your job told you to learn TG?

Again, Im just curious is all. I figure there are a lot of people in these forums who have cool jobs and use TG, but only once in a while do people talk about their pro work (really unfortunately). So it can be real informative when people do talk about it.
And I'm just a interested person anyway.
It has been eaten.

Antoine

I like this very much especially the colors and contrast, which give these renders an exceptional sense of realism.