Sand, rocks and water

Started by Dune, March 10, 2014, 03:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I'd better make a new post. Did another one with the rocks and sand, and another go at a beach scene. The latter is quite promising, IMO, but needs work. The thing that pissed me off most was the time it took for a layer of RT reflection on sand and a water layer above that. All these reflections going up and down had to be computed, took 4 hours on an i7. I have to find a way to not use RT reflection on the wettest sand, and fake it by double reflection and a blue sheen, or something..... that's for later.
In the first one there are still highlights under water, which I later took out by a min height control. I had to give the rocks and sand two separate 'layers' of reflective wet edge, didn't work in one go at the end of the line, somehow.

archonforest

Damn u are good! ;)
How the hell did u do the foam on the water :o :o
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

N-drju

You know what I think of most Ulco? How is it possible to make the shoreline that smooth. I never really needed it so far, but my various experiments always give me some nasty rock-like bumps where there should only be wet flat sand! I believe there are some visible here as well. How do you do it? In my case even large smooth values don't work real well. >:(
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

mhaze

Use a surface shader or a distribution shader to control the height and slope of the beach distribution shaders.  Dune impressive work -those foamy fans of water on the beach are superb.

EoinArmstrong

Really excellent - the subtleties in the sand in the last one are wonderful; very realistic!

Antoine

Really impressive work, especially the third one!

Lady of the Lake

Wow, on the third one.  Sand and water are amazing.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

zaxxon

I pick...1, 2, and 3!  More fine images to add to your impressive portfolio, really sweet work.

Kadri

Nice images Ulco :)
I like the sand part under the water in the second image the most.

Saurav

Loving pic three's foam and shore details. Others are great too.

Nacer Eddine

gregtee

Those are all great, but I like #2 the best as well. 

-greg

Supervisor, Computer Graphics
D I G I T A L  D O M A I N

AP

Third image for me. Just spectacular what you have going on here.

Hannes

What a shoreline! Fantastic! How did you do that? The second one is great too. Especially the underwater part.