Free .tgo White Stone

Started by Upon Infinity, March 10, 2014, 08:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upon Infinity

Finally figured out how to texture objects.  And to celebrate, posting this object for everyone to use.  Enjoy!

4K textures.  Colour, specular, and displacement maps included.

Download link:  http://uponinfinity.com/terragen/Stone.zip

This is my first file post.  Although I've tested the object, let me know if something isn't working and I'll fix it.

archonforest

Looks great! Thx for sharing it ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

mhaze

Nice one - thanks for the share.

N-drju

"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Upon Infinity

Quote from: N-drju on March 11, 2014, 05:53:19 AM
Does that work in TG2?

It should.  Via the import .tgo option.  The test render was in TG3.  But they work the same for importing .tgo's.

archonforest

How to texture these dudes? Is there any write up on this already I can read?
Right now all my many looks plain green or somethin' like that ???
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: Upon Infinity on March 10, 2014, 08:59:02 PM
Finally figured out how to texture objects.  And to celebrate, posting this object for everyone to use.  Enjoy!

Nice one, thank you. Soooo...how did you do the U/V mapping...did you start with and .obj and convert in PoseRay or use some other program to model it that exports .obj?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Lady of the Lake

Upon Infinity

Quote from: bobbystahr on March 11, 2014, 10:36:05 AM

Nice one, thank you. Soooo...how did you do the U/V mapping...did you start with and .obj and convert in PoseRay or use some other program to model it that exports .obj?

Sorry, guys, I should have been clear.  Terragen was not used to texture this object.  I used a modelling program called 3D Coat to produce the rock, where it was modelled and texture painted.  Don't ask me how to texture in terragen, because outside of some surface layer trickery, I have no idea.  ???

I just have made the object available for use in Terragen.  I may at some point release the .obj and .mtl files on TurboSquid for a couple of bucks, I haven't decided yet.  But  I will make the .tgo available for free to the Terragen forum as a small thanks for what the community here has done to help me learn this program.

matrix2003

Wow. Generous of you. The community here is great, and with out it - I would still be staring at a T2 start screen!  :D
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

bobbystahr

Quote from: Upon Infinity on March 11, 2014, 11:33:06 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on March 11, 2014, 10:36:05 AM

Sorry, guys, I should have been clear.  Terragen was not used to texture this object.  I used a modelling program called 3D Coat to produce the rock, where it was modelled and texture painted.  Don't ask me how to texture in terragen, because outside of some surface layer trickery, I have no idea.  ???

I just have made the object available for use in Terragen.  I may at some point release the .obj and .mtl files on TurboSquid for a couple of bucks, I haven't decided yet.  But  I will make the .tgo available for free to the Terragen forum as a small thanks for what the community here has done to help me learn this program.

Cool...I'll have to look into that program...does nice mapping...thanks for replying....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist