127 hours (spoiler alert!)

Started by N-drju, March 12, 2014, 04:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

I watched '127 Hours' last evening and I believe I've managed to pinpoint all scenes made with the use of Terragen software. I believe there were plenty of animations there, including the flyover of the terrain crack where the protagonist is trapped. Also the sunlight entering the canyon after Aron's first night looks very Terragen-like.

Did you see any other movies with Terragen starring? ;) Did you know it was there?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Tangled-Universe

Are you sure Terragen was used for that movie?

I saw it in the theatre just after it was released and can't remember whether I recognised any TG work in there?

kaedorg

N-drju

There. See? :) I heard they even used it for "Alice in Wonderland"! Seriously.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

TheBadger

Hey I did not know that! That was a good film! T-U did a photo real image based/inspired by that movie ( post a link so he can see it Martin)

Used in Alice in wonderland? I would like to know how!
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

It was definitely used for the storm sequence, as the article above indicates. I'm not sure if there were other uses in 127 hours. For Alice in Wonderland, it is mostly in the end credits.

- Oshyan

N-drju

I think that Terragen has great potential for creating space and orbital images too. This is important when you consider ever growing assortment of sci-fi movies!

As far as '127 Hours' is concerned I also think that there was a still image used. The scene where Aron (I believe) climbs atop a large, potato-like boulder of some sort.