Where do you setup the directories containing object or terrain files

Started by mwmccormick, March 17, 2014, 05:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwmccormick

Hello Everyone,

How are you setting up the directory structure for Terragen object files, terrain or any other files you use.  I'm very interested in getting my environment setup correctly from the start.

Dune

I have several libraries (not he internal library, I don't use that) on my hard disk, and can call objects (and terrains, or clipfiles) from there. As long as you don't change the folder structure or location of objects and textures, it will be ok. Even if you change the location of the saved TGD. On my other machine I have exactly the same folder structure, so if transferring a tgd, it will call the objects from the 'same' locations.

bobbystahr

I set mine up right after my 0Images Dir in my Documents(on intel pc) all labeled like, 0ClipFiles, 0Terrains, 0Projects, 0Objects, that way they're always at the top and easy to find when I'm hunting something. The 0 in front of the title keeps them all nicely at the top. An ! will do as well...Don't use the library myself but may in the future as I have tried it but it seemed not what I needed at that time.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist