Keep your computer clean!!!

Started by Hannes, April 01, 2014, 07:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Everybody knows that, I know, but I was wondering why my machine was making a lot of noise like a jet turbine, and eventually just shut down without any warning during rendering.
I use to clean the cooling fan carefully with a vacuum cleaner from time to time, but never thought of looking behind the fan. The ribs were almost completely covered with dirt, so no wonder that my machine refused to work. Using a brush together with my vacuum cleaner made my life happy again.
Before I did that I could hear my computer howling like a wolf from any other room. Even with closed doors. Now it's gently purring like a kitten.

N-drju

You wanna be a kitten or a wolf?! What's wrong with you mister?! >:( :D

No but seriously, I wonder how do I clean Apple computer with slim drive and other slim-thingies... You can't even put a dam toothpick there, much less any vacuum cleaner or a brush. ???
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

archonforest

I do clean my PC every second months inside out removing all removables and vacuum and stuff. I have a nice soft brush to remove the dust from where u cannot vacuum easily. PCs do like this thing for sure :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

jaf

Those compressed air cans work nicely too.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Hannes

N-Drju, I tend to purr sometimes... ;D
Aspergers, you know...
(who knows, what I am talking about?) ;)

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

Actually I meant Jerry Espenson, a character of Boston Legal, who indeed has the Asperger syndrome and purrs from time to time.