Frozen Heap

Started by alessandro, April 14, 2014, 10:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alessandro

Here comes a frozen landscape populated with multiple ecosystems made of snowy trees that I'm developing.
Even if quite heavy, Terragen was able to manage the tree ecosystems perfectly. Also, I finally experimented how entertaining and convenient can be using projected textures to provide detail to landscape. Little by little, I'm learning...
www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

alessandro

Thanks Kadri. As I'm a fanatic of animals, I'll probably add a grizzly with a couple of cubs walking down there.

kaedorg

Very nice Alessandro.

Your trees looks good. Snowy trees are difficult to make realistic. Hope to see more of them.

David

Dune

Wonderful landscape and interesting trees as well. Great work! Looking forward to see some beasts roaming this chilly environment.

Regarding snowy trees; if the populate on populatable objects will be implemented (hope so), then some generic snow can probably be made (some pops of snow clumps).

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

otakar

Quote from: Dune on April 14, 2014, 10:47:58 AM
Regarding snowy trees; if the populate on populatable objects will be implemented (hope so), then some generic snow can probably be made (some pops of snow clumps).

Very interesting thought! That'd be massive!

Beautiful render this. Congrats!

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

zaxxon

Oh Yeah! Really, really excellent. Everything works to make a compelling scene!

alessandro

Thanks a lot for the comments folks!  :)

Luc

Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

gregtee

Looks great.  Love the feel of the whole thing.
Supervisor, Computer Graphics
D I G I T A L  D O M A I N

Oshyan

As I mentioned on Facebook, I really like this one, great result. I wonder if you mean Terragen was able to *manage* the tree ecosystem though, rather than "mangle"? I would be interested to hear more if you meant the latter. :D

- Oshyan

mhaze

Superb image, one of my favorites!

alessandro

Quote from: Oshyan on April 14, 2014, 08:51:13 PM
As I mentioned on Facebook, I really like this one, great result. I wonder if you mean Terragen was able to *manage* the tree ecosystem though, rather than "mangle"? I would be interested to hear more if you meant the latter. :D

- Oshyan

Apologies for that word: I checked what it really meant on the dictionary and no, it's not the one I wanted to use. I actually meant to say that Terragen was able to chew all that data fairly well, but mistook the word. I'll change it now :)