Beach

Started by Dune, May 11, 2014, 02:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Holy cow, Ulco, you're really close to reality.

Dune

They're photo's, Hannes! The last three, I mean. But I hope to achieve that sort of foam.

Hannes

I know, Ulco! I was actually talking about your render. There is not very much difference anymore to the photos.

Dune

Well, just wait until you see the next....

Hannes

Can't wait!!!!!

choronr

A few years ago I downloaded a file (free) called 'Liquids' by SpaceBones' on the RDR site. I understand that it is also on one other site. It contains many different water objects that seem to suit the need of augmenting foam - such as boiling water, bubbles, foam, etc. The only thing I can't figure out is how to make the objects transparent.

I think this may be something to look into Ulco.

Dune

Thanks, Bob, I got your mail.

And here's another basic setup again, but I'm still trying for the ultimate foam, and better waves. Bloody hard. Depends on a lot tweaks in color and size, noise type, and breakup, multiplication with other masks and fractals.

N-drju

Life is a beach. But I can see no problem atoll here!

Wish I could do something like this too. :(
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

This is so good!! There's a lot of details here that make this image so f*****g real.
The subtle shadows of the foam patches are fantastic. And the sand is great too. Is it only in my imagination or are there sundried areas in the sand (-peaks) that are slightly brighter than the rest? Anyway it looks gorgeous!

oldm4n

great image! the foam is terrific and ripples are very good too.

Dune

I don't know about these sundried areas, didn't do that on purpose, so perhaps a happy accident. In this iteration I softened the foam mask a bit, and did some other things to it.  I think it's a little better again.
Soft shadows, but not enough samples for grainfree softness, I guess.

Hannes

I just encountered the strange phenomenon of multiple spontaneous ejaculations in front of the computer screen.

archonforest

Quote from: Hannes on May 27, 2014, 09:02:53 AM
I just encountered the strange phenomenon of multiple spontaneous ejaculations in front of the computer screen.

Are u looking the same forum and picture or... :D :D

Dune what u doin is just insane! Your pictures are alive!!!!!!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

j meyer

The foam in the last iteration looks somewhat suspicious to me.
Not really healthy.