Gathered Scene export fileName and GIC fileNames

Started by mathieubr, May 16, 2014, 03:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mathieubr

Hi!

Seems that the filename by default for a gathered scene (adding " (gathered).tgd" to the original filename) is not very server friendly (with all those spaces and parenthesis...). IS there a way to change that default filename so I don't have to correct it each time I want to send it to a renderfarm for example ?
Also, what are exactly all the variables you can add in a rendered file name?
Thank you!

N-drju

I think that just yesterday I found out that numbers at the end of the image file name should be avoided... I don't really think there are any other things you should pay attention to here. ??? I mean, this is the final product. Who cares how it's called? Certainly your computer should not. ;)

What I know is that you should avoid saving your .tgd files in folders or with names that contain special signs like diacritical signs.

Hope that helps in some way.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

jaf

I got used to just typing in a new file name instead of using the default.  Not sure why that combination was chosen for the default -- much rather see something like this:
myFile_gathered_.tgd
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02