Human post-processing (so to say)

Started by N-drju, May 22, 2014, 04:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

I'd just like to elaborate on the thread that I started here:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,18369.0.html

So basically what I do in order to get best human model quality is, first of all, exporting the figure as an .obj and then rendering it without any textures in TG as a reference like so...
[attach=1]
I use it as a reference as to how should I set DAZ figure so that DAZ render matches my TG render later on. Next I just render the same thing in TG but with object invisible, so I can get the shadow it casts. Later on I just make a DAZ render (with camera view based on the first image) and cut-paste the figure in the place where its shadow "starts" so to say, which gives me this...
[attach=2]
As I said before, this should be used for close-ups only if you would really like some character to look its best. Unfortunatelly I found out that obviously some pixels are getting lost in translation when you export models from DAZ into TG so you will get some discrepancies between the shadow and the model's feet. Still, if you are doing a full, rich render this will not be so obvious. :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"