Work in Progress

Started by Rocknugraphics, May 28, 2014, 03:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocknugraphics

New project I have been working on. Not complete. Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks

TheBadger

really nice set up! I like it.
Just have to add all the tiny little details you would see in a photo. Colors and little displacements and such.

If you are not planing on animating, you may be interested in this thread for some cloud methods http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,17671.0.html
It has been eaten.

Rocknugraphics

Having some issues with population. Is there a tutorial on how to do population displacement masking?

Dune

What do you mean by population displacement masking? Masking its distribution?

Rocknugraphics

My apologies.  Been many years since I have worked with object placement. Last time was bac in the motorcross madness 2 days with building tracks. And using terragen for skycubes and textures. Tg3 is a learning curve for me.
Sorry for the newbie questions just been pulling my hair out trying to learn how to populate objects to a specific area. Mine keep ending up in water or on sides of mountains where trees wouldnt normaly grow.

mhaze

Plug a surface shader into the density shader input of your population. Then you can use the altitude and slope controls to control the placement of your pop. You can then plug a powerfractal into the masking input of the surface shader.  You will need to set a minus figure in the colour offset slider in the colour tab. this will give a more uneven and natural distribution.  I also put odd numbers such as 7 and 9 into the population spacing variation tab in the population shader.

oldm4n

I really like the mood of your image, beautiful clouds

N-drju

I echo mhaze. Fractal as a masking shader works great if you want randomized population.

How about adding some ships or yachts on the lake/sea? I'd also take the camera some 490ft/150m closer to the shore, so that the trees can be told from each other. :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Rocknugraphics

Thanks for the help guys. Gonna sit down and learn all I can about TG3. It is a fun and Amazing tool.
And thank You for being patient with Me. Other forums for other programs dont have the kindness that You guys have shown.  :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Rocknugraphics on May 30, 2014, 04:48:08 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Gonna sit down and learn all I can about TG3. It is a fun and Amazing tool.
And thank You for being patient with Me. Other forums for other programs dont have the kindness that You guys have shown.  :)

You might also look around in File Sharing, I seem to recall a couple, that relate to populating, for more ideas.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Rocknugraphics

Thanks for all the help guys. This is the finished render

bobbystahr

Lovely image...well done....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.