Hut into the wild

Started by kalwalt, June 14, 2014, 07:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalwalt

According to the new changes, I've made a render to 2500 x 1880, so I scaled the image to 1800x1354. The grass does not totally convincing me yet. I put three different types of grass clumps, but seems only two work. ( maybe repopulating them i ddn't notice this) Even the hut show its limits in the texture. I will rework all this,but i want also experiment with other things now.
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

archonforest

Quote from: kalwalt on June 29, 2014, 08:26:07 AM
I've made a render to 2500 x 1880, so I scaled the image to 1800x1354.
U are not the only one doing this rescaling stuff...but why? Can u pls explain what is behind this step?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

kalwalt

It's only an option to preserve disk space and to not display a very high version (for copyright reason), downsampling the printable high version, you will yet have a good resolutions but not enough to be printable, this IMO. Of course you can print all you want but it will not be the same quality. And other important thing is the limitation of the post size.
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Hannes

In my opinion the foreground looked way better in your image page four, your reply 50. Now the grass population seems a bit sparse.
The black area on the left and the steps (or whatever this is) look as there's some normal problem in your hut?!

kalwalt

Quote from: Hannes on June 29, 2014, 10:42:06 AM
In my opinion the foreground looked way better in your image page four, your reply 50. Now the grass population seems a bit sparse.

i agree with you but the grass was too high, flowers almost disappear in the grass, i want to reach a compromise between the image in reply 50 and the image in reply 60. And yes the population now is too sparse, there are space not filled by in which you see too much the ground.

QuoteThe black area on the left and the steps (or whatever this is) look as there's some normal problem in your hut?!

yes, i modeled in blender and after i made the uv map in 3dcoat, in both software the model looked good, i will recheck it; but could be also a problem with the texture...
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

I have purchased, because a super sale (50 % off), the groundcover xfrog library, so i will change some models and i will add some more appropriate plants in the foreground. Stay tuned! :)

p.s. if you are interested in the xfrog sale, it is until 1 july! http://xfrog.com/category/libraries.html
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

Just a partial rendering to show the hut with a right render and a issue with the grass clump following the slope near the hut, there are some og the clumps that seems to float into the air, i'm considering what is the best thing to do in that cases.
Option1: to reduce a lot the clumps diameter and reduce also the distance
Option2: repainting the painted shader and erasing it near the hut, create another painted shader and create another grass pop. to cover only this part.
Which one of this approach do you sugggest me?
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Dune

You could also feed the mask through a distribution shader and set max slope for the larger grass mat, and add a smaller sized one for steeper angles (another distri shader).

kalwalt

Quote from: Dune on July 08, 2014, 07:22:16 AM
You could also feed the mask through a distribution shader and set max slope for the larger grass mat, and add a smaller sized one for steeper angles (another distri shader).
I partially solved within my 2 option, but i will consider alslo your suggestion. Thank's! :)
WorldMachine
3Dcoat