Well here it is, the final for now.

Cheers,
Martin

inkydigit

...for now
:)
Another finely detailed study!

zaxxon

The foliage is definitely more defined, and the image is better for that. The wind patches (?) across the water give some additional depth to the composition as well. At a detail setting of 2 in the first render you have truly set a higher bar! What, if any, changes did you do for render settings in the second image? Looking forward to the next iteration!

Tangled-Universe

No change in render settings other than 4 reflection rays for the water, instead of 6.
I could do that because I used less softer reflections (from 0.0016 to 0.001).
The softer the reflections, the fewer samples you usually need.
If you're undersampling soft reflections you get "onion-peel" reflections. (jagged parallel lines)

Dune

I hope I'm not thrown out of the forum  ;)  but I do have some comment on your latest render, Martin. I really like the overall, but there are patches of vegetation that look a bit strange. I'm referring to the talus sides, where the rock is angling towards you. It seems like the translucency is too high, or the bounce to the ounce is lighting the plants' base too much. Something like that. I think it would look a lot better with less shrub/grass, but mainly rock surfaces.
The water is excellent now.

Seth

I agree with Dune. The translucency on the vegetation seems a bit strange, like very pale and too light considering the low light received in the shadow parts.
And to be a pain in the ass, there is an exploded fake stone right in the middle.

Tangled-Universe

Ulco, of course you're not being thrown out here :)

The translucency in TG in combination with GI and how it works in the shadows is just a straight bitch. Can't say any positive thing about it.
Translucency for all objects is 0.1.

This one below looks a tad bit different in the shadow.

Having less of those "difficult" veggies in the shadows would be the most effective way of avoiding this issue, of course.
I wish TG's GI was just more realistic.

Franck, yeah one exploded stone....what can I say? :D

Cheers,
Martin

mhaze

This is excellent, a considerable improvement over the first one.  The water is excellent and the talus very realistic. Still not convinced by the rock structure though.  Guess there's no pleasing some people  :-\

Tangled-Universe

It's not that I don't want to, but I'm not sure what you're looking for?

Can you show an example perhaps?

mhaze

An example attached - have several more....

Tangled-Universe

Oh you mean rockshapes/displacements etc.?

I somehow had the impression you didn't like the textures/shaders! :)

I'll see what I can do about it, but it will be later though.