Serengeti

Started by alessandro, June 17, 2014, 06:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alessandro

"Serengeti". Image done using multiple techniques. Landscape designed in Terragen3, grass on the front kindly provided by Jan Walter Schliep, acacia's and baobab designed by me, bushes from XFrog.
Distant grass has been created with the Look at my Hair plugin and exported in Terragen; same procedure with the animals (fur not really much visible but I swear it's there). Now, yours is the duty to comment and spot the animals there...
www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

yossam

Nice pic................looks like an oil painting.  :) 

Tangled-Universe

Very nice work Alessandro :)

Very clean and crisp render.
Like on FB, I'd like to ask here too what settings you used and if you can show the raw result as well to see how much of the beauty is native?

Animals look great!

Looking forward to see your next one.

Cheers,
Martin

alessandro

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on June 17, 2014, 07:15:54 PM
Very nice work Alessandro :)

Very clean and crisp render.
Like on FB, I'd like to ask here too what settings you used and if you can show the raw result as well to see how much of the beauty is native?

Animals look great!

Looking forward to see your next one.

Cheers,
Martin

Hi Martin,

here are the settings I used: Detail=1, AA=10, Catmull-Rom, disabled AA Bloom, 64 Atmosphere samples, Bounce to the Ounce=2, Soft shadows disabled. These are the most relevant settings.

Antoine

This is really beautiful and colorful. Very nice atmosphere. Well done !
I think you should try with detail at 0.75 or 0.8, you would gain much render time and see almost no difference in the details.

David

choronr

Truly a work of art, this is beautiful.

Dune

Very nice indeed, Alessandro. The lighting and attention to detail is superb.

Kadri

I like the feeling it gives. Sweet !

Luc

Very nice ... one comment about composition: space should be in front of elephants and not behind

luc
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

alessandro

Quote from: Luc Bianco on June 18, 2014, 03:48:22 AM
Very nice ... one comment about composition: space should be in front of elephants and not behind

luc

Thanks Luc, sorry I'm not sure I understand: you mean the elephants should be more on the back?

kalwalt

Ciao Alessandro, this is really  amazing! i like the athmospere of the scene and the light, and excellent works on detail!
Walter
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

alessandro

Thanks a lot for the comments. I'd have liked to have more diversified grass on the front, perhaps mixing more populations; also, I wanted to put many more animals, like a pack of wildebeests far away, giraffas, maybe two lionesses hidden in the grass, but I did the project in about 3 hours, to relax, and at some point I decided that was it.
Once is rendered and posted, I rarely get back and work more on it (lazy guy).

mhaze

Stunning sky and superb lighting.  The animals and trees/ vegetation look great too.

Luc

Yes or you could just turn them in order they walk in the other direction.. here one example:

http://500px.com/photo/67088271/elephant-with-zebra-by-johan-swanepoel

luc

Quote from: alessandro on June 18, 2014, 04:36:50 AM
Quote from: Luc Bianco on June 18, 2014, 03:48:22 AM

luc

Thanks Luc, sorry I'm not sure I understand: you mean the elephants should be more on the back?
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

Hannes

Really beautiful. It has indeed a painterly look. Did you use additional lights?