Tidelands

Started by zaxxon, June 18, 2014, 09:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxxon

Here's my contribution to the +1 detail images posted of late. Detail 1.12/AA 18/ Mitchell-Netravali pixel filter. Reeds and Cattails from Dune, all other foliage created in Speedtree. All comments welcome.

archonforest

Beautiful render. I like it all ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Lady of the Lake

Wow, this is super.

Hannes

Wow, perfect!! Absolutely photoreal. I really like the subtle clouds in the background.

fleetwood

masonspappy

Good image. Sort of looks like a place where we use to go fishing.

kaedorg

beautiful , hope to see more like this
a place to stay for holidays  ;)

David

Antoine

mhaze

Excellent render great terrain and sensitively placed vegetation.

Oleg S.

Very well-designed image

Rocknugraphics

Oshyan

This is a gorgeous render overall. I love the subtlety, the realism of the lighting and colors (overall). I think the reeds seem a bit too light and lacking in shadows among them (maybe increase GISD Occlusion Weight, or reduce lightness of the textures with the multiplier). Other than that it's near photoreal to my eye. I continue to really love the Speedtree vegetation.

I think AA18 is overkill here, unless it was highly adaptive. The "high detail" posts that Matt made were suggested as an alternative to the "render double size and downsample" approach, and indeed I have verified that e.g. Detail 2, aa 8 is faster than detail 1 and aa4 at twice the resolution, with equivalent quality. Still in general Detail 0.8 is as high as should generally be necessary. In a case like this with the water in the foreground, Detail 1 may be helpful. Not to say that you will not notice a difference with Detail >1, but I would question the time/benefit ratio. Basically I would only ever use super high detail if I saw a render issue that I hoped to eliminate (such as noisy surfaces).

Anyway, very nice work. :)

- Oshyan

choronr

This is an inspirational image done to near perfection. Work like this is what keeps us moving on to create better images. Fine creativity here.

Dune

Very fine render, Doug. I love the subtlety.