cliff and lighthouse

Started by kalwalt, June 27, 2014, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalwalt

A bigger rendering added some bushes, trees in the foreground but hard to see in the sunset... i changed the clouds-fog a bit, no changes in the lighthouse. There are some strange pixels in the right part of the picture in the sea, don't know if they are caused by the sun on the waves or by a difect of rendering. Not sure if i will add the beam as post effect... ::)
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Dune

The clouds look to be seahaze, as they are right over the water. In that case I'd thin them drastically. But good progres overall!

kalwalt

yes this was the idea behind, you are right maybe are too ticked i will decrease the cloud depth, And i will do also a rendering with a normal sunny day.
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

i'm doing a render for a sunny version, but i would add some foam especiallly near the coastline. i found these resources in the file sharing area:
from Ulco http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,18290.0.html and from mhaze http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,15568.0.html what do you suggest to use as a starting point?
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

a new rendering!
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

choronr

You are doing well. You might try lowering the camera for a better Point of view so as to see the top of the mountain and a better view of the lighthouse. Then maybe you will have a better view of the vegetation on the mountain. Try it; but, don't save until you are happy with the results.

kalwalt

Quote from: choronr on July 06, 2014, 02:28:13 PM
You are doing well. You might try lowering the camera for a better Point of view so as to see the top of the mountain and a better view of the lighthouse. Then maybe you will have a better view of the vegetation on the mountain. Try it; but, don't save until you are happy with the results.
Good suggestions. the top of the mountain is cut due to the size of the rendering. ( the relation between large and height is 1.79) using a a less high solve this. I already tried some other point of view, but this seems for now the best.  But to be honest not tried to lower the camera, i will put on my to do list. Now i'm going to experiment with the foam, i found one clip from Terragen Galleries on facebook (thank's to Ade Levi). :)
WorldMachine
3Dcoat