Desert Mexicain V2

Started by Antoine, July 02, 2014, 01:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antoine

Hello,
I wanted to try a different desert scene. The church model comes from the Modo community share meshes.
Plants are from Xfrog and Terragen models pack.

David.

archonforest

Very nice scene! ;)
I would have one little comment about the big green plant at the front. For me looks a bit plastic...maybe the green of the plant? ???
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Antoine

Yes, I think I need to desaturate the color of these two plants.

archonforest

Good idea so they blend more in the environment.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Oleg S.

TheBadger

Very nice attention to detail. And the composition is nice too. I like the the feeling.

I do have a crit about the render. First, I think its very good. But my crit is that it feels like its just short of photo real. It looks like with some more playing you could get this to photo level. For example, the light and the way the light is effecting the objects (especially the old mission) but also the atmo. There is something distinctly digital about it, but not too much, just enough to look more like a render than a photo.

It may be possible to effect a more organic (photo) look in post. But I think you could get it in the render its self. Don't think I could tell you how. But if you keep playing, Im sure some of the advanced users here could give you some pointers.

Nice one!
It has been eaten.

fleetwood

Lots of nice things in this render.
The plant in front draws a lot of attention to itself now but to me the best parts are the details behind it.
Either the church is long abandoned and therefore should show discoloration and wear and tear or it is still in use. If still in use a visible path to the door would be logical to see.

An easy way to try breaking up the straight lines of  the church a bit is to attach a power fractal to the mesh displacer of the church object. This may or may not look realistic depending on the polygon structure of the model but it would be an easy thing to try without turning ray trace objects off and might alter it somewhat from the all right angles look of a new building. 

alessandro

www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

zaxxon

Many nice areas to view in this image. I hesitate to critique another's composition, but I think the here scene has fine promise. Without resorting to much that is technical, some simple re-arranging of objects might be of benefit. The foreground plant as noted is problematic and may not with those textures be "Hero" worthy, and it detracts from the nice mid-ground. Points that my eye's are attracted to: the fine mid and back to the left, I think that the light and depth there is very fine, also the overall northern Mexico feel. As I said critiquing composition often infringes on the author's careful considerations, sorry if I've crossed that line. I do like the image.

masonspappy

I can't add anything more to what's been said. But I think this is a good effort and overall you've turned out a nice image.

Antoine

Thanks you all for your comments.

I will try to improve this image accordingly and post the result later on.

David.

Dune

Before you take the 'plastic' plants out, try this; add a power fractal through a world position transform shader, add as mask for a surface shader, set this surface shader between part and default shader and set the color to a brown-black.  Noise variation of the fractal of 2 or higher, size extremely small, like small areas of rot or dirt on the leaves. And you could add a little bump with a PF to give them a little more life (and death).
I really like the whole setting. What are the low plants?

Antoine

Thanks Ulco
I will try as you say.
The low plants are yours : the heather bushes that comes along the T3 model pack, I just lowered the scale as I did for the dry reeds.

David.

Dune

Antoine

I have posted an update I hope it looks better now.
Thank you for your advices.

David.