Stone Age

Started by Dune, July 04, 2014, 10:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

A new work; stone age settlement near a swampy depression. It will have a lot of trees and shrub, as well as some folk doing their Stone Age thing.
First test (detail) of the sandy campsite; some tents I need to refine and first grasses. Idea is to make it a hazy sunrise, with vapor among trees and over swamp. It's looking great in my imagination, but I still have some problems to tackle (mainly the people).

archonforest

Great start in "Dune quality". I am sure it will be another masterpiece. Pls keep post how it goes :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Antoine

It looks already great,especially the water reflection and the grass part.

David.

Upon Infinity

It's a good start.  I guess those tipis didn't give you so much trouble.

masonspappy

Looks like this could be fun to follow...

choronr

A great start Ulco. I'm looking forward to following the evolution of your creation.

mhaze

Nice start, looking forward to seeing how this turns out.  Just one thing I find the shadows cast by the grass distracting.

TheBadger

What is that grass Ulco? And where can I get some? Dose it come in more greens?
It has been eaten.

Dune

It's just the internal grass clump, nothing fancy, and you can color it every way you want. I used the terrain colors through a transform world scale.

Here's some more tests. More woods will follow, so this empty horizon will be wooded. And I would like the shadows in the tent to be darker, but how?...

I'm not sure about the clouds and light yet; I think a morning haze would be nice...

j meyer

"...And I would like the shadows in the tent to be darker, but how?..."

You could try a crop render without Gisd maybe.
Or a negative lightsource or spotlight.
Or Pshop.
Just some spontaneous musings.

choronr

This is coming along very nice. Is the depiction of North America? I ask because of the Teepee tents.

I like what you do with the default grass; its dry color variations and clumping. In all that last, full view image is beautiful. From it, I would expect you will be making a number of different POV's. 

Antoine

Great work again !

bobbystahr

I agree  to trying a negative light...great start, heh heh heh...better than most of my finished images.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Upon Infinity

Lighting is easy.  Reduce the strength on surfaces in your GI.  Also increase GI detail.