using a clip file on an obj

Started by TheBadger, August 22, 2014, 07:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hi,

So I have a model of a greek ruin. The ruin sits on top of a large man made structure just like in this image.
[attach=1]

Now I made a texture to use as a stamp while sculpting, or just as a normal texture map. Here is a small section of it
[attach=2]

However I bring this model into TG, either as a sculpt or as a more simple object that I will displace in TG, I want to know about using a sand clip that I have, *on* the OBJ.

If you look at the texture I made and posted above, you can imagine a lot of places where there would be dust, dirt, and sand, in the crevices of the stones.
I know that I can use power fractals for color on an imported object. But can I use displacements like on a terrain? Will I be able to apply my dirt or sand clip file to the object wall, and use slope and angle on it? Anyone ever try this?

What is your advice?
It has been eaten.

Dune

Should work, just try the different settings in the surface layer when adding colors/bump to your parts. I used slope constraints when e.g. putting snow on branches or roofs. Displacement of course won't work, unless you don't RT objects and comp in.

TheBadger

QuoteI used slope constraints when e.g. putting snow on branches or roofs.
AHHHHH! HA! I completely forgot about that example of the use. Acually, I did not make the connection at all for some reason. But now that you got it back in my head I can visualize it just fine  :) So yes, snow lol, sand, same thing.
TY
It has been eaten.