Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Doing some testing and look what i found!  :D :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

My preciousssssss! ;D

fleetwood

What a cutey, he needs this puppy I found named Perlin.

TheBadger

Ah man, once you start seeing these things it never stops. We'll all become schizophrenic!
It has been eaten.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

masonspappy

When I was a boy our bathroom had floor tiles with intricate random patterns on them. My little brother swore that in those patterns he could see a screaming woman chained to a wall. Scared him so bad that he refused to go into the bathroom at night and he just pissed in the trashcan in his bedroom before our mom got wise. :o

RogueNZ

What has been seen can never be unseen  :(

fleetwood

desert heat ... with toucan

masonspappy

Hey Fleetwood,
I'll comment on the, er, unusual cloud formation later.
But I'm really curious about something else. The surface of the sphere seems to have some depth to it. How did you manage that?

fleetwood

Stone sphere is basic,  one power fractal for color (both high and low colors applied and unclamped ) and then the reflective shader follows with ray traced reflections turned on,  low roughness 0.015 , highlight intensity 0.24 and IR of 1.7 and overall reflectivity .6

What you may be detecting is reflections of my secondary lighting. In addition to the normal sun, there is a luminous background type sphere with an HDR lighting file providing extra light via luminosity to the scene. The HDR sphere is set to be not directly visible but the HDR image is exactly reflected in the surface of the stone ball.