Rocks and sea

Started by Oleg S., August 29, 2014, 04:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oleg S.

In this scene, my merit is not so much, I just collected the experiences of people on the forum and combined them so as to obtain the desired result. I take this opportunity to thank them for it.

archonforest

Fantastic! Thx a bunch for the files! Now study, study and study.... :D :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Thanks mate, hopefully I'll get some time to explore this soon....music is alive lately and keeps me from TGing
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

russe166

Thanks for sharing it! Looks very good  ;)

choronr

Very good Oleg; and, thanks for the files.

Hannes

Ah Oleg, I remember this foam setup. Funny enough I already had it on my hard disk.

Now here's a question to everyone who knows a lot about these blue nodes:
Can these very nice foam patterns be animated? I mean like you would use a transform shader to animate a power fractal.
I have no idea where to place such a transform shader in this setup.

Oleg S.

Hannes: I, unfortunately, is also not yet understood this. I hope that this will help the wizard Terragen :)

pclavett

Thank yo again for the files !
Paul

Dune

I'm sure it can be animated; also by transform shader, moving the Y down or so. Probably somewhere near the end of the line(s) where the colors are finally masked in.  Unless a get position is used, that should be replaced by a get position in texture.
It should have a link to the waves themselves I'd say, use the same moving speed for waves as well as foam or so. Would be a nice project for your Pixelplow experiment, Hannes!

Hannes

Thank you Ulco (I hoped that you might have an idea!! ;D ;D ;D)!

zaxxon

Very generous, thank you Oleg.  I'm looking forward to exploring the tgd. It's nice to see you getting to some equal level of accomplishment in TG as with your Vue images. Any comparison thoughts at this point? Not to be any competition, but curious about your user experiences to this point?

Oleg S.

zaxxon: At Vue its positive side, at their Terragen. On the one hand in Vue work easier, visual, but on the other hand in Terragen allows you to create a more realistic fittings are. I would use two programs.

zaxxon

Thanks Oleg, I understand your comparison. And thanks again for the nice ocean surface and rock texture.

Erwin0265

QuoteOn the one hand in Vue work easier, visual, but on the other hand in Terragen allows you to create a more realistic fittings are. I would use two programs.

I eventually hope to do the same.
Having 4 or so years of experience with Vue still does not allow me to obtain the realism I can get with Terragen after 3 failed tries [currently on the forth; although hopefully not another failed one.....] to learn TG2 (and now TG3)............
Granted, I can do far less with Terragen currently, but that is only due to my current lack of skill in TG............

I also find results in Vue to be far less predictable than Terragen and don't get me started on Vue's stability - if Vue was a car you would never be able to insure it as it crashes far too often................ ::)
OK, who farted?

TheBadger

It has been eaten.