Problem gathering project

Started by Hannes, September 10, 2014, 09:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

For some reason I'm not able to gather a certain project. I get the error message you can see on the image below.
There is a sailing ship model that must cause this error. Without it the scene can be gathered without a problem.
As I read in other threads some non english letters or symbols may cause this. There are definitely no such things. I checked it three times.
It starts gathering for a few seconds and then I get the message. All there is in the destination folder is the Gathering report (that doesn't include any error message) and a folder "Project Assets" with some of the texture images, a.ter file, the ship model (tgo) and a gicache file.
Is it possible to find out what's happening without taking a look? It's a purchased model, so I can't upload it here.

yossam

Hannes,

Which model is it? I might have it...........I've got a couple that were purchased over the years.  :)

Kadri

Hannes in Turkish I and İ is different and i had in the past problems related to that.
It might be worth to try at least by changing two parts that i see there
that have "I" in it in the folder paths to lower case "i" and see what happens.

Hannes

Thanks for the tip, Kadri! I'll check that.
It's this model here:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/seatraveler-/33480
The maker is from Slovakia, so there might be some non english characters hidden somewhere.

yossam

That one I don't have...........sorry.  :(

Dune

If you check 'only show assets with problems' you may get to know which one the culprit is.

Chinaski

Maybe you could try open it in PoseRay and check all the textures names (if you didn't did it already)...
You don't understand me ? That's normal, I don't speak english.

Hannes

Thanks guys.
@Kadri: it's indeed not too expensive, and it's really detailed. If you google "seatraveler 3d model" you'll find it on some other sites for a lot more money. Gangsters!
@Ulco: I did that, and there's nothing!
@Chinaski: I checked the names so far, but not like Kadri mentioned. I'll see what i can do...
Wish me luck. This is the file I'd like to test Pixel Plow's render farm with.

Hannes

I seem to have solved the problem. The error was caused by two of the image files I used for the textures. There were no foreign characters, so I have no idea why this didn't work. Anyway I saved them under different names, loaded them into the appropriate shaders and it worked.
Strange!!

Dune

Hannes

No. One of the images is called "wd11.jpg" and the other one "orn4.jpg".  ??? ??? ???

Dune

Hannes

Yes, weird! Renaming the very same images did the job...