"Veldt"

Started by ratfugel, September 12, 2014, 12:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratfugel

Never been there, never will, but I have feeling it might just look something like this. Kept it dead simple. Just three centres of interest. The idea is not to confuse the viewer, but to get some idea of the vastness of the terrain.  There were lots of things I could have added, but distractions I did not want. I was not after a semi-photographic reproduction - merely a simple illustration meant to be enjoyed, rather than dissected. 

rat.

archonforest

Great scene man. I like it alot! ;) ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

I really like this one! The lower part looks beautiful and calm. What's distracting me is the contrast of the calm lower part and the noisy and extreme clouds. It may be a matter of taste, but maybe a milder sky would look more pleasing?

cyphyr

A good start :)
I've never been there either but the thing I remember of the African skies I have seen was their shear massive size, they seemed to go on for ever! I'd raise the cloud layer quite a bit and maybe make it more complex, play with mixing multiple cloud fractals maybe.  I would also have a wider camera angle, this will also accentuate the scale of everything.
Keep at it :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

archonforest

I have been there :)
This is how the sky looked like...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

ratfugel

Oops! Got it wrong then. As they say on the reports - 'Must try harder' Oh well...........

rat.