Render stops

Started by Djb3000, September 25, 2014, 01:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Djb3000

I am trying to render an image but it stops at the same point every time. It renders fine with the default settings but when i change them to 4500x3375, Detail 1 and AA at 6 it just stops.
Does anybody know what might cause this?
I have attaches a screenprint of the point that it stops.

Thanks

Dune

Maybe it's taking too much of your memory? If you open task manager and have a look at the graphs, you might see what's going on while rendering.

Djb3000

I did check that. It uses 3.99Gb, which is 40% of the 16 available. I have tried swapping the render node. but that doesn't work either. it seems to be related to the image size. If I render it at the default size it is OK, but if I try anything above that it wont render the full image.

:-\

Kadri

How long did you wait ? Maybe it takes just longer then you think?

Djb3000

Kadri

Hmm...Is the camera in any geometry of the objects by accident?
Maybe you could test it by moving the camera just a little to any other direction?

Have you tried to make a crop render? Half or smaller of the image for example?

Djb3000

I just cant figure it out. I have tried crop rendering the image and it works in small sections, even where it remains black on the full render. Also I have changed the render and camera nodes to no effect.
It seems to be related to the AA settings and detail. The default work, but anything higher doesn't.

Dune

You do have the paid version?  ;)
The size is not that large, so it sounds really weird. Any chance of posting the tgd?

Djb3000

I am using the paid version and this is the first real problem that I have encountered.
I have attached a zip file of the project. the project does use a few models so I don't know how it will handle that.

Please have a look. I am expecting it to be something obvious now though .

Kadri

I downloaded and tried to render a little but many parts aren't included.
From your first image it looks like there are some objects near the camera.
It could be that is the problem (high displacements or-and intersecting with other objects etc.)
So i didn't tried it further (have long renders going too).
Maybe others will be more helpful.

Djb3000

archonforest

I would try to isolate the problem like turn off all objects and try to render like that. If okay turn the objects on one by one and see which one is wrong. Also try to disable some shaders or something and try to render.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DannyG

It's your atm/cloud/Render settings. They are way too high in general. For the 2D Cirrus lower the samples to at least .6, maybe even lower. Also consider going with Conservative Acceleration for your Cirrus layers. None is overkill. I would also lower the main atmosphere node samples to say 32. Deeper tones in the atmo I find do increase the render times a bit, but certainly not this much, you need to lower your settings. Another observation is rendering a Detail of 1 is overkill, that ain't helping your render times (.7 -.8 @ max). I cropped the sky rendered in 6 min with below setting adjustments
Atmo 32
Cirrus - .5 Samples w/ Conservative Acceleration. You can even drop that a bit  (Both layers)
Render .75
AA 6
Defer - Off
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Djb3000

Thanks for your advice, but I have tried these settings and it still stops at the same point. Not sure if the file is corrupted or something as really getting nowhere with it.  :(

Kadri

I still think that it might be related to the objects,especially the ones in the front.
I may be wrong of course.
The basic thing i would do would be changing them with very low poly objects and see if it renders.

I am wrestling with a bad render problem too today and trying to see where the problem is.
But it isn't related to your problem...i think at least.