Problem with opening *.tgd Files

Started by TimJa, October 15, 2014, 09:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimJa

Hallo,
today I have got problems with opening *.tgd files. I have the actual version of tg3 3.1.02.0 and I am a licenced user. I use Win7 64 bit. I used the version since some month and it worked quite good.

I am able to open *.tgd files via Library and also files I have saved today. In that case all goes fine.

Older files e.g. the preset files from TG3 are opening without an error. But e.g. the shader view is empty. And data is missing.
E.g. the benchmark file shows only the sphere object but no fractals from the landscape and the shader view is empty (only the tabs of the shader groups are show).
This behaviour I find out by trying the benchmark. In the attachment is the result after opening the benchmark.

Has somebody any idea what has happend?
Many thanks for any help,
TimJa

Kadri

It looks very close to the recently strange problem in this thread:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,18983.0.html
Not sure if it is the same but please have a look.
In the second page there is Oshyan's post where you will see the problem.
Hope it helps.

TimJa

Many thanks for your hint and the very fast response, Kadri. My default language is german on the pc.
According to Marty's thread I changed the decimal seperator to '.' See Attached Dialog. From here I am able to load the tgd files (e.g. the presets or the benchmark) . This is clearly a fix.

But:  - Im not able to load the *.tgd files I saved today before the fix. They have the ',' as seperator. I looked with notepad++ in the XML stream of these files. Then I try to load them, I get the same problems as with the '.' type *.tgd

-  By this fix I can't estimate the side effects on C4D or VRay on my PC. They might use '.' seperator internally to bridge each other by xml.

I have not the overview about the file handling but it might be helpfull for the future that the TG3 xml-parsing component of the *.tgd files can handle both, to be independant form the localization and the writing of *.tgd will only use '.' as seperator, overwise the handling of *.tgd or *.obj will be a never ending story.

best wishes
TimJa