Ancient ruins (final)

Started by Antoine, October 16, 2014, 08:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Way to go David, that nails it well...great work with Modo...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBadger

Last one is really doing it.
It has been eaten.

Tangled-Universe

Nice stones and pillars I am about to say, but everyone who was watched Game of Thrones carefully may choke on this one...

But serious, those do look good :)

Looking forward to your next one!

Cheers,
Martin

archonforest

Is there a possibility to show a .tgd how those small rocks are done?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Antoine

Thank you all for your comments.

To Archonforest : I am using several differents layers of stones of different size here along with merge shaders. I am using negative perlin billow noise displacement with quite high contrast colors.
The thing which requires more adjustment works is the noise/color/displacement scale of each layer and depending on the scale of the whole scene, you have to scale them down or scale them up until you find a good result.
Same thing for the density variation scale :  here I am using quite high distance with density varying from 1 to 5 depending on the layer (5 for the biggest stones).
I hope this can be of some help for you. Perhaps will I try to do some kind of kick tutorial if I have time one day.

David.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Antoine on October 25, 2014, 05:30:30 AM
Thank you all for your comments.

To Archonforest : I am using several differents layers of stones of different size here along with merge shaders. I am using negative perlin billow noise displacement with quite high contrast colors.
The thing which requires more adjustment works is the noise/color/displacement scale of each layer and depending on the scale of the whole scene, you have to scale them down or scale them up until you find a good result.
Same thing for the density variation scale :  here I am using quite high distance with density varying from 1 to 5 depending on the layer (5 for the biggest stones).
I hope this can be of some help for you. Perhaps will I try to do some kind of kick tutorial if I have time one day.

David.

You could perhaps create .tgc's of the various elements. no?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist