Ancient ruins (final)

Started by Antoine, October 16, 2014, 08:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antoine

I have tried something different this time. I have used Modo for breaking the ruin objects. The two acacia trees are from the TPF library.

David.

See the final image at the bottom of this page

Dune

Nice render. I like the POV and composition, trees and shrub, but the ruins look too new to me. I'd add some dirt and dust to them, make them blend more into the landscape. And there's a whitish spot right in the center that distracts. I'm sure you can take this further!

Oshyan

I think Dune's comments are very good. It's a great-looking scene, just make the ruins look a bit more integrated and weathered.

- Oshyan

Marty

Antoine

Thank you for your comments and advices !
Here is an update which I hope provides a better integration between the ruin objects and the environment.

David.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

mhaze

much better but can you weather/age/chip the edges of the fractures

Dune

My thoughts as well. Maybe a mesh displacer PF can do wonders here, depending on the fineness of the verices.

bobbystahr

in agreement as to me it seems too clean. Could an image map be used to break up the uniformity maybe? That too straight break in the focus item is a major distraction for me, my eye goes right to it. Everything else is friggin beautiful....carry om....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Antoine

Thank you !
I tried to fix that problem, I hope the cracks look more natural now.

David.

Dune

Oh yes, this is really good! So how did you do those cracks, in your modeling program? Or did you use the mesh displacer?

Antoine

Thank you Ulco !
I did the cracks in Modo but this time I have subdivided the mesh to a certain level, applied the scatter fonction, then animated and selected a good looking frame, added Subd + some fractal displacement, baked the polygons.
I have exported the mesh into Terragen and applied an another color and displacement PF along with a transform input shader.

David.

Dune

mhaze

Kadri

Looks good.
The rock(?) left to the man looks too smooth to me.