Conversion

Started by archonforest, October 22, 2014, 11:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

I have an object in Max but cant use it like this. Is there any way to convert it to something that TG can digest? 
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

Can't you export it as .obj?

bla bla 2

Regarde dans les préférences, tu peux cocher la case, oû dans les options.

archonforest

I cannot open it. I got no Max. What else can open this file?

Bastien not sure what u mentioning here.

Hannes

archonforest

I got it but cold not send a mail to you. Server rejected it. I will upload it here since it was a free object.

Hannes

Sorry, can't open it. Maybe someone with Max 2011 or higher can help out?

pokoy

I'll have a look tomorrow.

jaf

You may be able to do that with Blender.  There's a "how to" here: http://www.ehow.com/how_12002942_import-max-blender.html

Didn't get a chance to try it yet.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Hannes

Jaf, it says you need to have 3ds max installed to use this script, so unfortunately this won't work either... :(

red_planet

This uses the Hair and Fur modifier in Max, need to know how you want it to look before baking to a poly then exporting as .obj.

PM me ?

Rgds

Chris

archonforest

Thx a bunch guys for the support ;)

Chris I sent u a pm on this.

cheers

zaxxon

You mean this little guy?  Fluffy is no light weight! He (?) has 30,000 hairs and when they're converted to a mesh, the obj file was about 73 megs, The original body texture was procedural and the eye dots were shaded vertexes. I put a couple simple maps together and exported as a tgo file, still 62 megs though. Let me know if you want this and how you might want to get it. Fun little creature, what are you going to do with it?

archonforest

Flufyyyy!!!!!! is alive :D :D :D :D Thx for the conversion.
62Mb what a heavy monster ???
Not sure if e-mail would work with the size...
Can u drop box it? I believe I have a log on to that...actually it was a free model so if u drop box it we can let other TG users to download it...

Ohhh.... guys I have an idea! Who is up to some fun? Lets download fluffy when available and lets do a render with it. Lets see who comes up with the funniest one. How about that????? :D :D

Hannes