The lodge

Started by ozijon, July 26, 2007, 12:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozijon

The lodge

Mavcat

Looks very nice :) Some comments : I think your foreground terrain and the terrain where your building stands is a bit too smooth. The white color of the mountains is ment to be snow? Doesnt look like snow to me,try making it more white :) The rest is nice

rcallicotte

I'll go along with mavcat, except to say that the snow needs to be patchier.  It looks like it's painted on.  You might need a fractal or two in there. 

My first impression is how grand it is and how beautiful the sweep of it is.  The first thing after that I noticed is that the block to the right of the lodge looks like a block and not a land mass.  It needs erosion or some fractals.

Nice job.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Volker Harun

I would like to add, that the trees in front have some very good shading!

old_blaggard

I agree that the trees do look nice.  There are two things that both me a little here - firstly, the scale seems to be a bit odd for those mountains - I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just seems like they need a little more depth to put them in perspective.  Secondly, I'm seeing some really right angles and straight lines on the terrain, which detracts a little from the realism for me.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Interesting, o_b.  After reading your post, I see the same things.  Good eye.  Right angles and straight lines is the best way to explain what I said above.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?