We did it!

Started by Mahnmut, November 13, 2014, 02:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Quote from: Mahnmut on November 15, 2014, 05:46:45 AM
Concerning worthless pieces of space junk, its the junk that lies around in the makers workshop that can tell us how he did it. (Thats a metaphor, not a religious statement)
Interestingly, in archäologyits the same, it´s the waste that tells us most about living conditions in the past. What will they think of us in the future?

Yes, rendertime was quick.
All in all about one hour from the idea to the finished render.

Don't get me wrong. I agree whole heatedly that this is a great achievement and a great thing. I too am a believer in the hope space exploration holds for mankind!
But most of the interests of science in this regard are nearly entirely academic. For example, they believe it may be possible to understand how water formed on earth by looking at meteorites like the one we are talking about here. They want to know if water formed on earth or was introduced by collision. Its a great and fascinating question. But whatever the answer it does not help us with the problems we face as a species right now.

Mining objects will create industry. And they can still seek answers to their broader questions. If they find something of material value (something that can be monetized) then space exploration will potentially grow exponentially. And then there would be much better means to support intellectual and academic interests.

Look for gold first, find answers second  ;D
It has been eaten.