Need ability to hide bounding boxes...

Started by choronr, November 20, 2014, 12:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

I think we need the ability to hide bounding boxes; be they for SSS, water, heightfield and others. Why? They obliterate the preview screen to the extent that when trying to come up with coordinates for a new position for a SSS, one cannot obtain one with all these lines in the way. Example: I tried to get the coordinates for a new SSS. When placing the mouse to an area which was near the boundaries of water, I got a false reading. This really needs to get fixed.

zaxxon

That's something I'd appreciate as well. Additionally the lines also make it more difficult to edit population instances. While you can rotate and zoom to get a better angle to select, in a heavy scene that can be problematic.

choronr

Agree. Even tried disabling the item; but, the lines are still there.

Oshyan

There is the capability to turn off bounding boxes for all objects and for some shaders, and all shaders should have their bounding boxes invisible when the node itself is disabled (just verified with Heightfield Generate and SSS). But yes, it would be good to be able to fully disable bounding boxes, and/or selectively disable them on a per-node basis for *all* nodes that show bounding boxes in the preview. For objects, go to the Objects layout and check out the gear icon on the left under the Node List, you can hide all bounding boxes *for objects* there.

- Oshyan

choronr

Thanks Oshyan. Yes, a one click does them all I think would be a great idea. Right now, the 'Water' is the one giving me fits. As I closely approach a nearby area of the Water lines trying to establish the coordinates for a new SSS, I get the reading of the Water level instead; and, disabling the Water still leaves the lines.

Oshyan

What are you using to create your water? The Lake object? If so, you can turn off the "Handle in preview" option in the Lake object itself. Alternatively, try switching the 3D Preview to Hide Objects and it should go away.

- Oshyan

choronr

choronr

Unchecking 'Handle in preview' worked like a charm ...thank you so much Oshyan!