The Internet Is F-ked"

Started by TheBadger, December 04, 2014, 07:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

There is not an ideal world you think.
Your AT&T and Comcast etc. are all working together. You are dreaming.
We have many internet providers here too and all the prices are basically the same.
Quotas for internet bandwidth usage etc. are all the same.
If one of them would offer real free internet without any quotas etc. they could bring more customers in theory.
But no one makes such offers. They are all making agreements under the table because it suits them and they can get away with this.

In some places the things work like you say. But you see always the bride side of capitalism.
They don't competition with each other when they don't have too. You think they are idiots?
Search a little for such things and you will see how much they regulate the prices together in your rosy free capitalist world.
Even in the visual effects circle they manipulated the employees salaries for years. And this is with government.
I am afraid to think what they would do without anything to fear about at all.

AP

The Truth About Net Neutrality

http://youtu.be/5Z_nBhfpmk4

Capitalism vs. The Working Class: Exploitation Examined

http://youtu.be/0CTjlo0f-C4?list=UUC3L8QaxqEGUiBC252GHy3w

David Stockman: The Keynesian Toolbox Is Empty

http://youtu.be/5jNbzVlkCuk?list=UUsgWR55UyAiFarZYl1u1l9Q

AP

In fact when you have a free market your have market regulation by customer forces which is strictly voluntary and is more powerful and effective then any government regulation which uses violent coercion to regulate the markets. Government regulations gets to choose winners and losers, not us. Recall the auto bailouts and the banking non-sense. Too big to fail. Taxes, printing more money, raising more debts... from us and our unborn children to support what they dictate as the winners. That way no one learns from there mistakes because government bails them out. In a free market, they would fail and no one would bail them out.

Kadri

It is like always, everybody does have it's own "facts" already in his mind and nothing changes...

With or without government it is always the small guys who gets screwed.

Working on my animation is much more productive. By :)

AP

Agreed, we have an imperfect world with imperfect people. No worries. Things will change, already are. It is a matter of which side we are all on. We all have solutions that are unique, some good intentions with good results, some good intentions with bad consequences and some rare few are just evil. I have no intent to fight, not in my nature. The first step to solutions is cooperative voluntary peace and no aggression or coercive force. I think I was just trying to help, too much probably. I am an cautious realistic optimist so this world in it's current state will not last forever. History repeats itself in this regard, Rome fell and so will others. Those who look hard enough and study history will know it is not sustainable. It needs to fail but how it can be fixed is another matter. It can not be replaced with what already is. That is the definition of insanity. There are those who are awake and prepared and those who are blinded sheep and will not know what to do. ;)