watermill

Started by Dune, December 26, 2014, 02:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otakar

Great stuff once again. You created that model from scratch? Is there anything you can't do? :)

WAS

Quote from: Dune on December 27, 2014, 03:41:49 AM
Thanks for your encouraging thoughts, guys. The 45º angled wood I will add, good idea. Though it's a very slow moving stream, which will easily follow a 90º angle as well (this is Holland). This is based on a painting, so it's hard to see what is where exactly, a little logic needed to be added.
The streambed has some clumps of soil, which I didn't remove and due to the 0.25 render subdiv settings, they turn out 'ugly'. It can be improved greatly, and I might. Started out as a test of the model and I put some stuff in, you know how that goes.
The model can be improved in much detail as well, but after a while I've had enough of it.
Yes, and the wheels shouldn't be in the water, so it's a matter of precisely elevating ground and water. I added some flooring in the entrance and a wall, as I didn't like seeing into the hull of the building, but I forgot about the poor miller's foot.
The commission is to make a wall of 7m wide covering 4km of land, so these details will all be lost, I'm afraid.
Tried some water falling of the wood end, but threw it out. I have to put more work in that, some day.

EDIT: new version added

That waterfall is just breathtaking. :O Loving it! I have to say the new additions to the roofing textures/geometry looks a lot better.

Oshyan

I like that last one too, with the very interesting lighting and contrast. Is GISD being used?

- Oshyan

DocCharly65

The last two ones are superb! I love them both! Great work!

Dune

The lighting was a happy accident; I just dropped some oaks in, one or two were in the way and were edited out, but the dark shadow in front was there and I liked it. Some herbs and GISD indeed, which I often up to 1.5.
This model was relatively easy, still learning as I do them. The problem is to make something reliably from one bad drawing.

choronr

I do like the eroded stucco effect on the mill house where some of the original bricks are exposed.

dorianvan

This looks great Ulco.
-Dorian

pclavett

All of them are excellent..the model looks fantastic.....where did you get it ??? The vegetation is superb and the waterworks on the later ones is awesome.
Absolutely excellent in all respects !
Fine work as always Ulco !
Paul

Dune

Built another one yesterday, but I'm not satisfied yet. Thatched roofs are hard to make realistic, especially old and worn ones. Need more polys and alpha maps for straw sticking out.  I'll make it slates or tiles, I think.

The Dome

First picture - that guy in the doorstep - that you? :P ;)

mhaze

Really like the misty mill and the dark shadowy one.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on December 31, 2014, 03:06:14 AM
Built another one yesterday, but I'm not satisfied yet. Thatched roofs are hard to make realistic, especially old and worn ones. Need more polys and alpha maps for straw sticking out.  I'll make it slates or tiles, I think.

Yeah, kept me away from a few contests back in the imagine3d days...no app could handle the polys and as imagine didn't have U/V mapping polys were required. Did some fairly good attempts which left with my old computer, sigh, that I did in imagine3d's applique editor...It's like loading a terrain from an image map editor but poly nuts they were.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Made it tiles.

And a happy newyear guys! Have fun and keep healthy.

masonspappy