watermill

Started by Dune, December 26, 2014, 02:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I needed a watermill for a commission, needs some work though.

archonforest

Already very nice. Love the veggies/trees...etc :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

masonspappy

That looks pretty good for 'needs some work'

Dune

Done most of the work, but the 'roofedges' need some attention; somehow they weren't smoothed.

mhaze

Wow! Very nice modelling.

j meyer

The beams that carry the water track (or whatever that's called)
leading to the right wheel should have some 45° supports and
some connecting nails or the like.At least when it's to be seen
as close as here.
Nice model!

choronr

The light/shadows are much better on the second, B/W image. One the first image, it looks like the water-wheel should be partially into the water. In all however, this is a well thought out composition. The vegetation and water are super as is the mill model.

DocCharly65

I absolutely love the vegetation and the mill!

But something on the water irritates me. Are the waves gone or too uniform or is it the terrain beneath the water? In the colored version I don't see this effect.

alessandro

www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

zaxxon

You continue your mastery of foliage and natural settings, really beautiful work!

bobbystahr

Wow, 2nd nails it for sure. Was in the first iteration, unsure about the roof as it looked overly High End for a fairly hand hewn building but in the monochrome it really works; even with the alleged unsmoothed edges which likely only Ulco sees, hee hee hee. Well done man...keep amazing us.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Thanks for your encouraging thoughts, guys. The 45º angled wood I will add, good idea. Though it's a very slow moving stream, which will easily follow a 90º angle as well (this is Holland). This is based on a painting, so it's hard to see what is where exactly, a little logic needed to be added.
The streambed has some clumps of soil, which I didn't remove and due to the 0.25 render subdiv settings, they turn out 'ugly'. It can be improved greatly, and I might. Started out as a test of the model and I put some stuff in, you know how that goes.
The model can be improved in much detail as well, but after a while I've had enough of it.
Yes, and the wheels shouldn't be in the water, so it's a matter of precisely elevating ground and water. I added some flooring in the entrance and a wall, as I didn't like seeing into the hull of the building, but I forgot about the poor miller's foot.
The commission is to make a wall of 7m wide covering 4km of land, so these details will all be lost, I'm afraid.
Tried some water falling of the wood end, but threw it out. I have to put more work in that, some day.

EDIT: new version added

choronr

An astonishing feat you've created here ...details abound!

DannyG

Your a busy man Ulco, love this piece
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram