Feature Request: Nuke Style Dot Node for Terragen Node Graph Orgernization

Started by Cyber-Angel, December 31, 2014, 09:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Angel

I have been watching a number of YouTube videos recently on Nuke, and it has a very useful node called the Dot Node that is placed on the node connection lines to keep the graph in nuke tidy looking to prevent crossing node lines that make the visual flow of the node graph other wise hard to read. Terragen currently has no such way of node line organization making the current node graph within terragen visually hard to read, this is particularly true with complex node networks do to the current node connection lines having no handle's of any kind to modify there position.

Thus, you have the problem of node lines crossing over others and worse over other nodes: this creates a node graph that is hard to read in terms of graph direction and could lead to confusion if that scene where handed off to another artist, there is also the secondary of graph aesthetics as a matter of professional pride.

Not in any great hurry for this, but it or something like it would be nice in some future update!

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel                 

WAS

Quote from: Cyber-Angel on December 31, 2014, 09:45:21 PM
I have been watching a number of YouTube videos recently on Nuke, and it has a very useful node called the Dot Node that is placed on the node connection lines to keep the graph in nuke tidy looking to prevent crossing node lines that make the visual flow of the node graph other wise hard to read. Terragen currently has no such way of node line organization making the current node graph within terragen visually hard to read, this is particularly true with complex node networks do to the current node connection lines having no handle's of any kind to modify there position.

Thus, you have the problem of node lines crossing over others and worse over other nodes: this creates a node graph that is hard to read in terms of graph direction and could lead to confusion if that scene where handed off to another artist, there is also the secondary of graph aesthetics as a matter of professional pride.

Not in any great hurry for this, but it or something like it would be nice in some future update!

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel               

This is a cool idea (I checked out this Nuke not network) however, I am very OCD and particularly like arranging my own groups and node 'syntax'. Though for those that do find things hard to navigate it could be a helpful little option. Perhaps just a button to like "Organize Node Network"

Dune

Of course you can move the nodes themselves around in an orderly way, or group irritating complexes into a gathering node. Or use the null shader as a dot node.