Objects - Finding part pieces

Started by WAS, December 28, 2014, 08:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

If you want to follow Kadri's idea on clouds, it shouldn't be too difficult. Just create a cloud layer, make it a localised cloud and move the center to the place you want to have it. Uncheck the density shader and increase the cloud density (for temporarily better visibility). Then adjust the radius. If I'm not completely wrong, you should get a perfect round cloud if you use the radius's value for cloud depth. Do some test renders until you have the right size. If you like you can then use a cloud fractal or a power fractal as a density shader to make it more irregular.

WAS

Quote from: Hannes on December 30, 2014, 11:02:04 AM
If you want to follow Kadri's idea on clouds, it shouldn't be too difficult. Just create a cloud layer, make it a localised cloud and move the center to the place you want to have it. Uncheck the density shader and increase the cloud density (for temporarily better visibility). Then adjust the radius. If I'm not completely wrong, you should get a perfect round cloud if you use the radius's value for cloud depth. Do some test renders until you have the right size. If you like you can then use a cloud fractal or a power fractal as a density shader to make it more irregular.

I initially tried this and just couldn't gt a pleasing look and was too tried to play around with it any longer so I just removed it and let my friend render cause I needed sleep. I plan on trying again, need to work with the angle and shape.

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 30, 2014, 10:46:53 AM
All I did was get the parts shaders to show in PoseRay, then took it into Deep Exploration ( a free version from years ago) and selected the thrusters and hit invert selection and hit delete. Then I click seperate meshes, a function I just discovered this year, woohoo...no idea how but pushing some button caused a menu to appear that was never there before, and 7 thrusters appear like magic. My life's like that.

So I can't seem to load the file, am I doing something wrong?  I think you forgot to RAR the material file?

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist