Guess what this is.............

Started by yossam, December 30, 2014, 04:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Supposed to ship tomorrow.............can't wait.

yossam

CPU - i7 5960X  8 core HT
RAM - 64 G DDR4 2133MHZ
GPU - 2 GTX 980 in SLI

Upon Infinity

yossam

A bunch of $$$$$......................this will be the first I have ever owned with a SSD, kinda nervous about that. I think I spent more on this one computer than all the others I've ever owned combined. I got a lump sum pension payment that was a surprise (not expected) so I kinda treated myself. Gotta get something for those 10 years I worked my ass off. The computer was a little over $5000. I didn't want the headache of building it myself, so I had it built. Supposed to be lifetime warranty on parts............we shall see.  ;D

Oshyan

Not a bad price for all that hardware. I don't know if you play hardcore games or use other demanding 3D apps, but with the dual GPUs I certainly hope so. They'll be somewhat wasted on TG. But it'll be an awesome machine regardless. And don't worry about the SSD! Once you use a machine with one you'll never look back.

- Oshyan

yossam

I am open to suggestions for a good monitor. I have a 24" now and would like something a little bigger. My eyes are not what they used to be. Old age sucks as far as body parts are concerned.  :o

Oshyan

There are a bunch of great, new larger monitors at reasonable prices now. 24-28 inches, resolution up to 4000px wide, etc. You want to get an IPS panel for accurate color and good (wide) viewing angles. Dell usually has good displays at decent prices. Also check out Monoprice. There are many other deals from time to time, but those two are generally consistently affordable.

- Oshyan

Dune

Good on you, Richard. Get the sucker working!

Oshyan

Yep, that's a lovely option. IPS, wide color gamut, 4k resolution. And relatively affordable (for what you get).

- Oshyan

archonforest

Wow man that is a monster! It looks awesome!!
Dual vga set-up....lovely just lovely...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

masonspappy

TheBadger

It has been eaten.