From the desert to the forest

Started by DocCharly65, January 09, 2015, 05:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Waiting for my animation renderjobs I was a little bored and wanted to try something new...

...what if the desert slope goes on through an imaginary forest...
Hope it inspires for a nice sunday afternoon walk with the dog  :)

[attach=1]

Three floors of trees (each of them 2-3 species from xfrog USA-Conifers- / USA-West-Library)
Lowest floor mixed with some xfrog EU-Shrubs
8 layers of different xfrog Groundcover-objects

The TG-project is of course prepared to be animated some day. I can "walk" the complete 1.6 km slope but I could also stray through the forest off the path app. 200-300 m.

archonforest

Yeah lets take that walk...wait I got no dog >:(

Otherwise cool render. Like it.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

Thanks  :)

I have a similar problem... it looks foolisch to take my cat on the leash  ;D

...perhaps I will change the size of the side-stones. In the desert it was ok to have that size, but in the forest I think they need not to be as big...

inkydigit

Looks sweet! Slow drone flight animation along the road then into the trees for a while before returning to the road! :)

bobbystahr

Agree re: stone size in a forest, other wise a stellar image for a time killer. Also agree to yeah, animate a walk...could be very cool.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Nice, but maybe the stones need some dirt or green/brown stuff on them, lichen, algae, mosslike. They're very desertlike, which is strange in a dense wood.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 09, 2015, 12:12:16 PM
Nice, but maybe the stones need some dirt or green/brown stuff on them, lichen, algae, mosslike. They're very desertlike, which is strange in a dense wood.

yup....agree
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Ok :) wip

Ground colour / stone colour / stone size ... and some more ideas...

Unfortunately only my reserve PC is left for work... 6 years old Athlon... the i7's are all busy  ;)
Animation is planned... but one step after the other  :)

...Correction: 9 years old Athlon... I bought it in 2006! - Wow - how fast time flies!

bobbystahr

Prolly enuff for your athlon, heh heh heh....but nope, Dune pretty well covered(pun intended) it
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

8) ;D

OK... my Proll had a hard night ;) But I think the ground with a few traces of clay-like soil looks better now.

and now... let's throw a tree branch...
[attach=1]

For the test only a simple affordable dog-model... hhey- they want 800 bugs for the huskey, I like!  :P
But if I don't come to close, it's OK for the moment. (Anyway he would run away if you come to close to his branch :)  )
But I think I will change the dogs tree branch... I don't really like that straight piece of wood in his mouth.

TheBadger

Its funny, I looked at the op then scanned down to the last image. And there is that dog all of a sudden! I think that dog is going to try and bite me. If it does Im going to kick its ass! Damn dog! >:(... It is scary though when a dog that size comes up on you like this.
It has been eaten.

DocCharly65

Only want's to play...  ;)

Here the 3D anaglyph pic for courageous people who like to shudder  8)

[attach=1]

Next week I will see what I can do with his tree-branch and perhaps I find a less creepy dog ;)

archonforest

What glass u need for this? The red and bluish one?

Hey that do is cool and wanna play only? Cant u see?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

yes - red blue (i call it red cyan)
for adjusting I always use red cyan but for watching the finished pic I prefer line interleaved passive. (Asus and LG offer nice monitors) If needed I can upload the mpo too, but you then must check if R/L need to be reversed - depends on monitor.

Yes of course he wants to play - can you see? Clap your hands and do a little jump forward. Then he will jump and run back the road to keep his branch  :)

bobbystahr

Wow...excellent! Getting Dune-like well done!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New