Around 800 AD

Started by Dune, February 04, 2015, 03:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

What do you mean by the latter sentence, Bob? I just make masks in PS for different habitats, and add some fractal for finer distribution in TG.

mhaze

Your attention to detail is staggering and inspiring. I love the atmosphere that the sky brings and the the way you've created the muddy, grubby feel of melting snow and ice.

bobbystahr

Quote from: choronr on February 07, 2015, 03:06:03 PM
Nice progression to this last image. I take it you work overhead on the placement of your pops?

Actually Ulco I have no idea what I was on about there; it must have been before my brain was connecting with my fingers and they were not communicating correctly...I seem to have been rambling....sorry 'bout that. I really should wait till the coffee has taken effect before trying to communicate, heh heh heh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

and I quoted Bob instead of Ulco...done it again...need more caffine....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

choronr

Quote from: Dune on February 08, 2015, 03:33:52 AM
What do you mean by the latter sentence, Bob? I just make masks in PS for different habitats, and add some fractal for finer distribution in TG.
I meant did you use an orthographic camera view in the preview window and use the Painted shader to paint the area where you wanted populations.

Dune

I guess I already anwered that; I make a set of masks in a layered PS file (above the terrain heightmap).

choronr

zaxxon

Brilliant, inspiring work Ulco.  The detail is extraordinary and lends tremendous believability to the images. Tremendous!

Dune

Dune

Update of the inhabited area, and a pig boy  :o

choronr

Impressive details here. The smoke turned out nicely as well as everything else. I find the term 'Pig Boy' kind of funny; never heard that one before.

bobbystahr

Every scene could use a Pig Boy, found that a humourous term as well...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Something else than a cowboy for a change  ;)

bobbystahr

I should be aware of the term as pig barns are proliferate around here...summer is a smelly time in parts of Manitoba growing pigs for the oriental market....go figger.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

Are the pigs a special breed?  they seem to have very long legs!