Need info

Started by lebleuetok, March 06, 2015, 02:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lebleuetok

Hello everyone
I am new to Terragen 3 (demo) only a few days.
I am part of a team of young developer of video games that have titled "Lethal Girl".
We use the CryEngine for our games and we would like to get info on the Terragen 3 before purchase to use it.
So here are some questions that I hope will get answers.

1- Is it possible to import a real heightmap on Terragen 3 to improve the rendering and textures then export the CryEngine.

2- How have access to the library of objetc that owns the Terragen 3 to add them to my property?

3- Are there any tutorials that could help me improve my techniques work?

Following the responses I have received, I certainly have other has to ask.

NB I do not know if the rules of the forum will allow me to do because I speak French and I do not understand very well English, but our team is looking for people who'd be interested in this join us for our game .

I attached a link that will give you more info on our game.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=370235312

For people interested in this join us, send me a personal message.

Thank's every one.

Hoping all compliant

Again, sorry for my english

TheBadger

Quote3- Are there any tutorials that could help me improve my techniques work?
http://geekatplay.com/terragen-tutorials.php

Quote1- Is it possible to import a real heightmap on Terragen 3 to improve the rendering and textures then export the CryEngine.
YOu can import lots of different kinds of data into TG. That will not pose much problem to you. There are some limitations for exporting, and some somewhat complex ways to export that you may or may not like. and since I dont know the needs of your project, I will let someone else break it down more for you.
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

1: As Badger said, you can import a wide variety of heightfield data into Terragen. Export is limited to simple heightfield (EXR or TER format), which limits detail and does not capture overhangs and other non-planar features, OR geometry using the "micro exporter" which can capture camera-dependent geometry with all overhangs and full detail intact, but it creates quite "heavy" models, and depending on your displacement settings it can create some non-contiguous geometry. Textures cannot be exported at this time.

The objects we include with Terragen are in proprietary TGO format and are not intended to be used with other software. You can buy high quality plant models from XfrogPlants that can be used in any application you wish: http://www.xfrog.com/

- Oshyan

lebleuetok

Thank you for the info.
I would anyway have to say I do not want to use the objects in the library of Terragen 3 for our games because I know what is protected by copyright.
We are also in search of someone who could give us the vegetation as well as 3D models.
I would only get to have a better overview of land that I want to design.

TheBadger

QuoteI do not want to use the objects in the library of Terragen 3 for our games because I know what is protected by copyright.
We are also in search of someone who could give us the vegetation as well as 3D models.

I am pretty sure that if you have a paid for version of TG, then you can use the models however you like.

If you need more, then try this: http://www.silva3d.com I know of no better price for plants on line, and his user License is about as good as it gets.
The quality is very high. and the only benefit to using Speed tree store or TPF, is that they maybe have a lot more to choose from, but their Licensing sucks!

Also, some of the plants in the download that comes with TG are from Silva. You can contact Walli at silva, he may also build plants for you for a fee.
But if you are looking for a volunteer plant modeler here for free, I think you will not have luck. But who knows, maybe.
It has been eaten.

lebleuetok

Quote from: TheBadger on March 09, 2015, 05:01:12 PM
QuoteI do not want to use the objects in the library of Terragen 3 for our games because I know what is protected by copyright.

I am pretty sure that if you have a paid for version of TG, then you can use the models however you like.

If you need more, then try this: http://www.silva3d.com I know of no better price for plants on line, and his user License is about as good as it gets.
The quality is very high. and the only benefit to using Speed tree store or TPF, is that they maybe have a lot more to choose from, but their Licensing sucks!

Also, some of the plants in the download that comes with TG are from Silva. You can contact Walli at silva, he may also build plants for you for a fee.
But if you are looking for a volunteer plant modeler here for free, I think you will not have luck. But who knows, maybe.

Thank you "TheBadger" for the link.
Like I said in my first post, I use the demo to learn Terragen 3.
So thank you again to tell me that buying the paid version I get access to the object library that Terragen Contains 3 because you answered a question of one of my first post.
Regarding modelers we are looking for, I believe that the link I attached to my first message indicates that we offer the opportunity to be paid in royalties.
So we're not necessarily looking for volunteers.
Of course if there have volunteers will be accepted with plaisir.hahaha!
thank you

TheBadger

QuoteOf course if there have volunteers will be accepted with plaisir.hahaha!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

I thought I answered the question regarding the bundled models: they're not intended for commercial use and due to being in TGO format you won't be able to load them in anything but Terragen anyway. Silva 3D's models are quite affordable, as are the Xfrog Bundles (when you consider per-planet prices).

- Oshyan

lebleuetok

Quote from: Oshyan on March 11, 2015, 01:19:25 AM
I thought I answered the question regarding the bundled models: they're not intended for commercial use and due to being in TGO format you won't be able to load them in anything but Terragen anyway. Silva 3D's models are quite affordable, as are the Xfrog Bundles (when you consider per-planet prices).

- Oshyan

@ Oshen
Thank you for your answer.
As I said in my previous posts I do not master English very well and I have to use an online translator to help me understand.
When I did the translation of your message, it did not tell me that when you purchased the version of Terragen 3, that's when I would have access to the object library.
Can you confirm.
Hoping all compliant
And again sorry for my english. :-[

Oshyan

There are some objects that are available for free, but there is also a set of objects that is *only* included when you purchase a license of Terragen. Again these models are not intended for use in other applications, they're all in TGO format.

- Oshyan

lebleuetok

Quote from: Oshyan on March 11, 2015, 07:03:19 PM
There are some objects that are available for free, but there is also a set of objects that is *only* included when you purchase a license of Terragen. Again these models are not intended for use in other applications, they're all in TGO format.

- Oshyan

thank you
If as you say some objects are available in the free version, how can I do to use them.
When I go to the library, I do not see any objects.
:D

Oshyan

They are available in a separate download due to large file size. Just scroll down in the free downloads area here:
http://planetside.co.uk/products/download-tg3

- Oshyan

lebleuetok

Quote from: Oshyan on March 11, 2015, 10:19:27 PM
They are available in a separate download due to large file size. Just scroll down in the free downloads area here:
http://planetside.co.uk/products/download-tg3

- Oshyan

thank you
Tell you what I encircle the attached image that message?
[attach=1]

Oshyan

Yes, correct.

- Oshyan