first TG2 by myself

Started by Seth, August 04, 2007, 01:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

O my God.  I love this.  The lighting and texture of the terrain and the sky and clouds are great.  Can't wait to see the final.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

oooh thank you <blush>
my problem now is : i know i'll change the cyrrus layer but i don't know what else i need to change to have a better pic... do you have some ideas ?
i would like to keep an almost realistic look...
damned noob attitude  :D

chaps

I like very much the choice for view point and the light. Also a very clever usage of clouds.

Chaps

old_blaggard

I like the new colors in the sky and softness of the clouds.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

efflux

Looks like this has developed very nicely. Your sky with clouds, atmosphere etc is very good with this POV.

rcallicotte

At this point, I don't know what I'd change.

Quote from: seth93 on August 17, 2007, 10:35:07 AM
oooh thank you <blush>
my problem now is : i know i'll change the cyrrus layer but i don't know what else i need to change to have a better pic... do you have some ideas ?
i would like to keep an almost realistic look...
damned noob attitude  :D

Seth

ok here is the final (for now)...
i am not really happy of the result but i wanna try something different... so... i'll come back on this one when i'll understand TG2 better :)

rcallicotte

Uhhh, okay.   :P 

This is great work.  Let's see the next one...

NWsenior07

Make the rocks the color they were, I don't like the red. as for the cirrius, try turning down the coverage and I think you'll have a great, more or less perfect image.

Njen

Quote from: seth93 on August 19, 2007, 03:18:19 PM
ok here is the final (for now)...
i am not really happy of the result but i wanna try something different... so... i'll come back on this one when i'll understand TG2 better :)

A wise decision. One can spend their time setting up the bulk of the scene quickly, but then spend too long on tweaking the details. It reminds me of something a friend of mine told me. He was a pottery and ceramics teacher at university. For one particular project, he would divide the class into two groups. To one group, he said that to pass, all they need to do was make one single perfect piece. This group can make all they want to test, but none of that would be counted toward to grade. The other group he said to make as much as possible, literally pump it out and to not be too fussed with the quality.

When it came to grading, he would find that on average, the group that did better were to ones who had to make as much as possible. This was because with each object they made, they learned something from it, whether it was a success or not, but the first group never progressed enough to overcome their problems, because they would spend too much time on fixing it one way and not enough time on finding out new ways to fix it.

This also ties into one of my own personal sayings "The more you do, the better you get". For every image I have put up on these forums, I have 20 failures. The important thing to remember is when to stop working on an image. Once you realise that you have gotten what you want from the latest project you are working on, stop working on it and try something new, or else you will never progress far enough.

Hehe, this turned out to be a long post, and maybe not appropriate for this sub-forum...

Seth

thanks !
yep Njen you're right, and i understand exactly what you mean :)
right now, i am like drowning in a puddle  ;D

rcallicotte

njen - Thanks!  Very appropriate.  I needed to hear this.

Will

A quick note though, Njen's statement does not apply to those defusing bombs.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

Seth

couldn't stand this red color ! last one ^^