Arid place

Started by kaedorg, April 02, 2015, 03:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaedorg

Not sure about the tree, here for scale.
Quiet satisfied with colours.

c&c welcome

David

Dune

What's your intention with this one? I like the sky the best, very nice indeed! The terrain is nice, but the stones need work. And the tree and shrub are a bit lonely, and out of place, IMHO.
With stones, you may consider a tiny displacement offset, and a small scale fractal warp shader.

Mahnmut

In my opinion the gras works even less than the shrub, it disturbs the otherwise very nice colour composition (maybe that contrast is intentional, but then I personally would rather use some more blue-greyish gras)
For scale you could use some broken pillar or similar thing.
Clouds are great!

Cheers,
J

Cocateho

How many needle shaders does that tree have? I feel like if it were slightly squattier and had fewer leaves it would look more in place in the desert. Shrubs and grass are also too green in my opinion, but with some dust, or browning due to the dryness they could be pretty believable.

kaedorg

Thanks for your comments guys. I keep notes of that.
For the veg in dry and desertic area, i have to learn a lot. Brittany is green as we havre our part of rain... ;)
I try to improve the fake  stones also.

David

bla bla 2

J'aime bien les nuages.

I like the clouds.

inkydigit

Maybe add some detail to the rocks, lose the tree and get some dead/drier looking bushes?
Great clouds as noted, I like the start here!
:)

kaedorg

I followed your precious advices.
Vegs removed. Add some displacements on stones.
Sand could have some more dust.

Dune

Magnificent! How about a landscape ratio, so horizontal? That would probably give it movie allure.

mhaze

This excellent, as Dune suggests a different size ratio might give it more impact and I would consider adding some dry grass.

choronr

Super image. Agree about the image ratio and the addition of some dry grasses. My feeling is for a vertical ratio and adding an 'Organ Pipe Cactus off to the right/center.

kaedorg

Here is the horizontal view. 
Add a very soft displacement shader to the sand.

Tomorrow i'll make a vertical one for Bob and I'll check if I have this Cactus in File

David

choronr

Looks good! I think the Organ Pipe (or Pipe Organ) is from XFrog I think.

choronr

Another thought; maybe reduce the density of the fake stones and add some sand ripples?

fleetwood

Like the wider format, and better stones, but also really liked that earlier glow of light coming over the cloud tops.