Arid place

Started by kaedorg, April 02, 2015, 03:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Yes, this is coming along nicely, but I miss seeing more of the sky. Perhaps lower the camera and tilt it up a bit?

- Oshyan

Dune

Agreed, it's nice in itself, but I miss that beautiful sky as well.

kaedorg

Sky is back as I lowered the cam for this one.
I like the idea of the foreground and the depression behind.
But It seems the bigger rocks seem too big now (?).

David

mhaze

Excellent - great sky and rocks. I like the colours too.

Dune

Agreed, I like this too. You can't really tell how big the rocks are, but maybe that's not important. You could always try adding some shrub or grasses in the lee of some rocks (just use the big rocks (perhaps whitened using a color adjust shader) as mask and shift to one side using transform shader, then subtract original lightened rock mask, test on ground and apply as mask for grasses).

I have to take this back, as just testing my never tested theory showed it doesn't really work. Which I don't understand....

bobbystahr

To make a mask from Fake Stones I just copy the fake stone shader and rename it Fakestone Mask, then in the distribution shader for the grass pop add the Fakestone Mask fake stone shader, invert it and set the fuzzy constraints to 0(zero). This usually gives me a nice sharp mask that keeps veg from popping through the stones. I've included a .tgd which uses the grass5.tgo from the preset package and everything else is native Terragen 3.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist