Another river... again, sigh

Started by Dune, April 21, 2015, 03:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Testing the bridge, actually. Which is not perfect yet. I had some rooftiles on a small 'offering house' (I have to look up what they exactly look like, but I remember such things on bridges from travels in Italy), but they seem to have a doubled layer of polys somehow (by extruding the edges, which is probably not the best way). At least I taught myself some new stuff making these bridges  :D

mhaze

I prefer the first one, nicer lighting.  The monks seem to fit perfectly and purposefully into their environment and the river/riverside stone are perfect.

yossam

I am being picky here, but isn't the angle of descent a little steep on the bridge? I wouldn't want to be driving a wagon downhill at that angle.  :o

Dune

Downhill is easy  ;) You might be right, I'll check it out.

DocCharly65

After you have checked the angle, Dune, can you please also render the second version?  :)

I like the second one more (at the moment) It looks more peaceful and like late afternoon... It's my favorit.

Dune

Yes, the lighting was a bit hard. I wanted light on the bridge on an angle, but also not too flat. I might change POV and light.

Some of these bridges are pretty steep. I just made a new one, with features for growing veggies on  8) Soon...

choronr

I do like the first image and the river. Those grass clumps turned out beautifully.

zaxxon

Wonderful work! I'm running out of superlatives... What a time machine you have created here!

Dune

Thanks. Here are some more samples and Matt approved of me spilling the beans regarding a new feature (still in alpha); per object displacement. So you can take an object and assign forced displacement onto it, so it's not Ray-Traced, hence gets real displacement instead of bump. I tried it here on the bridge, but it seems I need to make better displacement/bumpmaps  ;)

The bridge is ridiculous of course, in this terrain  ::)

mhaze

choronr

otakar

Ulco, you are just the master wizard of Terragen, but seeing your paintings I think I can call you maestro, period.

That fence dude, did you model it yourself? So wonderfully irregular and thus realistic. Been looking for something like that for ages.

Oh and that new TG feature - I think I am just going to have a drink to celebrate that!!! When is it coming to us? Will it be a patch (still TG3)? Got to be one the most requested enhancements on the docket! Yes Yes Yes!

Matt

Quote from: otakar on April 22, 2015, 03:46:46 PM
Oh and that new TG feature - I think I am just going to have a drink to celebrate that!!! When is it coming to us? Will it be a patch (still TG3)? Got to be one the most requested enhancements on the docket! Yes Yes Yes!

It's coming in Terragen 3.3, so it's a free update. Probably just a few weeks away.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bobbystahr

Ooooh. something to live for...I'll put my razor away, hee hee hee...Thanks up front Matt & team.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBadger

Good to read this!
Surprise surprise!
It has been eaten.